Wednesday, June 12, 2013

20 Random Facts About Me

About five years ago, there was a Facebook frenzy on this topic. Everyone was doing it. I was included in the "everyone". I compiled a list of random facts about myself and shared it with my 400+ friends on Facebook. Now, my life has changed. I reread what I wrote almost five years ago, and while some of the facts remain the same, they don't seem as important. I've kept a few of the "original" facts from Facebook, but I've added some new ones too!

And here it is..... after the JUMP.

1. I love cats and can't imagine a home without one.

2. I love, I mean, REALLY LOVE flea markets and I believe nothing is as good as vintage.

3. Since I was a young teenager, I wanted to be an attorney so I could fight for animal rights but I didn't get accepted into a law school.

4. My favorite food is french fries. I can eat french fries with every single meal.

5. I would completely skip dinner to have a huge ice cream sundae. And I have! Many times.

6. I truly believe that every person comes into your life for a reason - whether it's good or bad. Each person you meet is your mirror and they add to you in some way.

7. I used to think that the people who get to the top do so by being mean to others. I now believe it's just the opposite. I realized that the only way you get to the top is by being kind to others because getting to "the top" only means that you're happy within yourself. No one could possibly be happy by being mean all the time.

8. I believe people should talk through their issues immediately and not keep it inside.

9. I used to curse. A lot.

10. I am not afraid of bugs, but I'm extremely afraid of cockroaches. I don't know what it is but they totally creep me out!

11. Everyday, I think to myself that I'm not even responsible enough to take care of myself, let alone two children under the age of three.

12. I still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up".

13. ..... is an unlucky number!

14. Boys were really really mean to me when I was younger... they joked my hair and my freckles. I cried a lot because of this. I hated the way I looked because I was so different. Now, as an adult, I love my red hair and I can't imagine myself looking any other way.

15. I used to be on time for everything and it drove me crazy when people were late. Now, with two children, I'm happy if I get anywhere on time.

16. I hate being hot while I'm sleeping - I would rather be freezing with blankets on.

17. I remember being a child and rearranging things so that every little knick-knack had to be at a certain angle and placed just right on a shelf. I think I missed my calling in interior design.

18. I never, in a million years, thought I'd last this long in NYC.

19. Driving across the Manhattan Bridge at night, in a taxi, reminds me that we live in the best city in the world.

20. I am the absolute most indecisive person about EVERYTHING - but I was sure, without a doubt in my mind, that I wanted to be with Charlie forever.

No comments: