Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DATE: 05.21.10 TIME: 14:32 PM


This week has been quite debilitating, to say the least. I woke up Monday feeling a little under the weather. I thought I was just exhausted from having a visitor over the weekend, but I really felt as though I was coming down with something. I made it through the day on Monday - fell asleep on the couch at about 8:30pm. You would have thought I woke up Tuesday feeling great, right? WRONG. I woke up dizzy. I could have SWORN that I all of a sudden had two black and white cats (if you don’t already know, I have a black and white tuxedo cat and I have a big fat orange tabby cat). I went to work thinking I’d be fine and that I just got out of bed a little fast. Made it through another day at work. Well, early Wednesday morning rolled around and I woke up and the room was spinning. I closed my eyes and it was worse. I had to pee (just as I always have to in the middle of the night) and I had to wake up Charlie to help me get to the bathroom. I crawled back in bed and a few hours later was begging Charlie to write the email to my office to tell them I was not coming in.

I spent the entire day on the couch unable to focus on anything. I thought rest would help, and as the day went on, it did! Until Thursday morning rolled around and I thought I could conquer the world all over again. I did my regular morning routine just fine, but as soon as I made my way down my four flights of stairs and walked outside, I was unable to look both ways before crossing the street. THIS is when I got scared and felt something was wrong.

Good thing I had a regular check up with my obgyn. They took my blood pressure and everything was completely fine. Measured the baby - also completely fine. So the next thing to do was to send me to an internist. My obgyn didn’t think it was pregnancy related (Thank GOD!) and that I was just harboring some kind of virus.

Internist thought the same thing and sent me to an Ear Nose Throat specialist who figured out that I have a middle ear infection. An infection that actually has NOTHING to do with the pregnancy and will NOT harm the baby until I get so dizzy that I fall. The doctors I saw were completely shocked that I even made my way into the city (by subway!) that morning. They basically told me I was out of my mind. I even had my internist tell me that if I wasn’t pregnant, it would be FINE if I fell in the street (not even kidding. He REALLY said this) but that since I was pregnant, I was putting my baby in danger.

GREAT… I’m already a horrible mom! Charlie had to come get me at the doctor’s office. They wouldn’t even release me until he got there to walk me home.

I woke up this morning with a runny/sneezy nose and watery eyes. What a mess this week has been. I’m so happy it’s weekend. All I’ll be doing is laying on the couch with my kitties and trying to convince the baby in my belly that I didn’t mean to cause her any harm.

No comments: