Wednesday, March 28, 2012

BABY BUMP, WHERE?
DATE: 05.11.10 TIME: 17:46 PM

Photobucket

Last summer, as I was starting fertility treatments, someone who doesn’t work in my office (but who works in a different department), seemed to think that I had a baby-bump going on. She came by to drop off some documents, and I was sitting at my desk minding my own business - wearing a form fitting white tee shirt and some white and red striped cigarette leg (skinny leg) pants, when all of a sudden I heard her ask out loud, “Is that a BABY BUMP I see?” She was obviously talking to me since there was no one else in the room. Shocked and unable to speak all I could mutter were the words….”Uhhhh. Huh? What?” She quickly apologized and explained that it must have been the way I was sitting.

Now let me explain the fact that before I was pregnant, I was a size 2. Now, ok…. size 2 with pretty decent sized tah-tahs (32D if you need to know), but yes, a SIZE 2!!!!

I quickly walked into my colleague’s office, in complete and utter shock and asked…. “DO I LOOK PREGNANT???” To which she busted out laughing and asked me if I was crazy. I replied back, “NO. I’m not crazy. But * is!” My colleague tried to calm me by explaining the fact that “in NO WAY do you look like you have a baby bump”… and that "you take pilates 3 times a week (for crying out loud!)”. But I swear that ever since that day, every time I see this woman, I think to myself… "the nerve!”

Now, what’s even more funny is the fact that now I’m 26 weeks pregnant, this woman still comes in our office about 2/3 times a week and she has YET to mention the fact that I have a baby bump going on. A DEFINITE baby bump! Does she really think that MAYBE I have been having a little too much fun drinking beer the last six months, or what?

No comments: